South Beach Manor is a 34 apartment, 41 bed, memory care community located in South Beach, Oregon, just south of Newport. South Beach Manor, previously Bayside at South Beach, was recently renovated by new ownership and was opened in 2019 under the management of Caring Places Management. South Beach Manor is excited to assist in meeting the memory care need in the greater Newport and Lincoln County area.
South Beach is an unincorporated community in Lincoln County, just south of Newport, Oregon. It is the smaller community of Newport south of the Yaquina Bay Bridge. The Newport and South Beach community have shown to be a tight-knit, coastal community on the central Oregon coast. The area is filled with scenic drives, walks, and various activities at the waterfront and bay, and neighboring small towns.
South Beach Manor features wide hallways providing an open feel with a circular hallway promoting exercise and movement while clear and resident geared signage and unique apartment entries designed to assist the resident in finding their room when desired. Large common areas throughout the community such as an Activity Room for large group activities like Bingo and staff assisted cooking, TV Room for watching a movie or concert of choice, and Fireplace Room with piano and comfortable seating for resident use. The community was modified during remodel to create some wonderful Life Skills Stations promoting self-directed resident use and engagement on items that provide a feeling of purpose, pleasure, or peace. Good sized private with private bathroom and semi-private apartment with shared bathroom apartment options available based on resident needs and preference. The building surrounds a beautiful interior courtyard with raised flower bed, walking paths, and covered sitting areas including a beautiful gazebo.
South Beach Manor is proud to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate residents as possible based on availability and other factors.
Drop in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about South Beach Manor and other senior housing, assisted living, and memory care related questions. We know that choosing the right assisted living and memory care community is an important, and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
For a short time only, South Beach Manor is offering introductory rates!
Our monthly rate is a combination of a base rate for the apartment, basic services, plus a care rate based on the resident’s needs.
Base rate starts at:
- Semi-Private Room $4,420 per Month
- Private Room $5,095 per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Administrator: Jeff Frandsen
- Office Manager: Fran Hazdra
- Resident Care Coordinator: Tammy Freyman
- Resident Care Nurse: Deborah Sayler, RN
- Oversight Nurse: Tina Tittle, RN
- Life Enrichment Coordinator: Cori Magarian
- Dietary Manager: Ted Bofferding
- Maintenance Supervisor: Evan Weekley
A tremendous group of Med Aides, Dietary staff, Caregivers, Housekeeper(s), and various other
team members and volunteers as needed and possible to best meet resident needs!