We are thrilled to announce the opening of our NEW Memory Care neighborhood!
We are accepting admissions! We are so excited that construction on our new Memory Care neighborhood is now complete! With an ever growing need for these critical services we are honored to have the opportunity to provide Memory Care for you or your loved one in a safe and secure home-like community. When living at home is no longer an option, you need a Caring Place. We invite you to visit our community to see how you can call Chinook Place your home.
Chinook Place has been open and providing care for Residents since the late 1990’s. Located in the beautiful and rural Central Oregon town of Madras, Oregon near the intersection of Highway 97 and Highway 26, and within a block of St. Charles Madras Hospital. Chinook Place joined Caring Places Management in June 2020 and is honored to carry on the tradition of quality care in a home-like environment that Chinook Place has been known for in the Madras and surrounding Eastern Oregon area since opening.
Chinook Place is a 30-apartment community with 13 Assisted Living and 17 NEW Memory Care apartments on a beautifully landscaped property. Chinook Place is a uniquely designed, daylight ranch style senior living community with several apartments on the lower level, as well as a lounge, seating area, and doorway directly outside to landscaped path or to the stairs or elevator for first floor access.
The upper level of Chinook Place is uniquely designed and provides and intimate and small community feel to a 30-apartment property and provides upper level access to the dining room, non-pay laundry room, living room with fireplace, and beautiful outdoor paths and gazebo within the garden.
The team at Chinook Place pride themselves assisting the residents in any way they can and the caring manner in which they work with all the Residents. Our robust activity and life enrichment programming are geared to resident preferences and include Bingo,music and other entertainers to the community,and trips to nearby stores and locations!
Caring Places Management is proud to be working to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate Assisted Living residents as possible based on availability and other factors at Chinook Place. Please follow up with the community to discuss status and availability.
Drop-in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about Chinook Place and other senior housing, Assisted Living and Memory Care related questions. We know that choosing the right independent or assisted living community is an important, and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
Welcome our new Administrator Shantel!
July 27, 2021
To Residents, Staff, Family and Friends of Chinook Place,
We are pleased to introduce our new Administrator of Chinook Place, Shantel Vasquez. Shantel began her career in Walla Walla, WA in 1989 as a CNA in a skilled nursing facility serving residents with memory care needs. Over the last 30 years she has served in various roles in Oregon facilities as a lead Med Aide, House manager, Resident care coordinator, and Assistant Administrator. Shantel believes that the health, safety, and well-being of every resident is her top priority. Shantel is committed to quality care that begins with building skilled and compassionate staff that share her commitment of working with residents and families.
Shantel moved to Madras in 1995 with her family, which includes her husband and 5 children. Shantel is active in the community with volunteer work particularly around her children’s sports and activities and is a permanent member of the Culver Wrestling Mom community. Her children are now grown, and she is enjoying the opportunity to spend time with her 9 grandchildren, (number 10 is on the way). Change can be difficult but Shantel is excited to step into her new role and responsibilities.
We have every confidence that Shantel will play a significant role in the success and wellbeing of our residents. Shantel can be reached by calling the main number at Chinook Place (541) 475-6425 or via email at Shantel.Vasquez@CaringPlaces.com. Chantel and her capable staff will continue to work diligently to continue our mission of ‘Exceeding Expectations of Loving, Thoughtful Care.’
Marvin and Dawn Pratt
CEO and COO of Caring Places Management
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
Our monthly rate is a combination of a base rate for the apartment and basic services, plus a care rate based on the resident’s needs.
Base rate starts at:
- Semi-Private Room: $2,374 Per Month
- Private Room: $2,874 Per Month
- Semi-Private Rooms: $4,640 Per Month
- Private Rooms: $5,140 Per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Administrator: Shantel Vasquez
- Community Relations: Lottie Holcomb
- Resident Care Coordinator: Mary Kendall
- Life Enrichment Coordinator: Feydy Diaz
- Dietary Manager: Tori Ross
- Maintenance Supervisor: Axcyl Hickman
A tremendous group of Med Aides, Dietary staff, Caregivers, Housekeeper(s), and various other team members and volunteers as needed and possible to best meet resident needs!