We are thrilled to announce the opening of our NEW Memory Care neighborhood!
We are accepting admissions! We are so excited that construction on our new Memory Care neighborhood is now complete! With an ever growing need for these critical services we are honored to have the opportunity to provide Memory Care for you or your loved one in a safe and secure home-like community. When living at home is no longer an option, you need a Caring Place. We invite you to visit our community to see how you can call Chinook Place your home.
Chinook Place has been open and providing care for Residents since the late 1990’s. Located in the beautiful and rural Central Oregon town of Madras, Oregon near the intersection of Highway 97 and Highway 26, and within a block of St. Charles Madras Hospital. Chinook Place joined Caring Places Management in June 2020 and is honored to carry on the tradition of quality care in a home-like environment that Chinook Place has been known for in the Madras and surrounding Eastern Oregon area since opening.
Chinook Place is a 30-apartment community with 13 Assisted Living and 17 NEW Memory Care apartments on a beautifully landscaped property. Chinook Place is a uniquely designed, daylight ranch style senior living community with several apartments on the lower level, as well as a lounge, seating area, and doorway directly outside to landscaped path or to the stairs or elevator for first floor access.
The upper level of Chinook Place is uniquely designed and provides and intimate and small community feel to a 30-apartment property and provides upper level access to the dining room, non-pay laundry room, living room with fireplace, and beautiful outdoor paths and gazebo within the garden.
The team at Chinook Place pride themselves assisting the residents in any way they can and the caring manner in which they work with all the Residents. Our robust activity and life enrichment programming are geared to resident preferences and include Bingo,music and other entertainers to the community,and trips to nearby stores and locations!
Caring Places Management is proud to be working to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate Assisted Living residents as possible based on availability and other factors at Chinook Place. Please follow up with the community to discuss status and availability.
Drop-in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about Chinook Place and other senior housing, Assisted Living and Memory Care related questions. We know that choosing the right independent or assisted living community is an important, and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
Our monthly rate is a combination of a base rate for the apartment and basic services, plus a care rate based on the resident’s needs.
Base rate starts at:
- Semi-Private Room: $2,374 Per Month
- Private Room: $2,874 Per Month
- Semi-Private Rooms: $4,640 Per Month
- Private Rooms: $5,140 Per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Resident Care Coordinator: Emily Garcia
- Community Relations: Lottie Holcomb
- Resident Care Coordinator: Mary Kendall
- Dietary Manager: Tori Ross
- Maintenance Supervisor: Axcyl Hickman
A tremendous group of Med Aides, Dietary staff, Caregivers, Housekeeper(s), and various other team members and volunteers as needed and possible to best meet resident needs!