Hearthside Manor in University Place, Washington is a 36-apartment community that provides a comfortable, home-like environment for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and memory loss. Hearthside Manor is located next door to the University Place Fire & Police Stations and across the street from the beautiful new library and various other amenities just off of 37th Street West and Bridgeport Way. Hearthside Manor, although a 36 bed Memory Care community, is uniquely designed into four smaller “houses”, each having 9 apartments and their own dining room. This design allows for care and life enrichment programing best geared towards the Resident and allowing for more small group and individualized interaction than some larger communities. The team at Hearthside Manor provide home-like meals in a family-style dining room environment. The team at Hearthside Manor also strive to provide an active life enrichment program, specialized for our residents with dementia. Various Life Skill Stations throughout the community, as well as small ground and individualized activities, are a tremendous benefit to our Residents. A beautifully landscaped backyard complete with raised flower beds, patio furniture, and smooth cement walkways is always available to our residents.
Hearthside Manor is proud to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate residents as possible based on availability and other factors.
Drop-in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about Hearthside Manor and other memory care related questions. We know that choosing the right assisted living and memory care community is an important,and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
Base rate starts at:
- $4,995 per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Administrator: Saporia Williams, LPN
- Office Manager: Debbie Kaplan
- Marketing Manager: Hattie Russell
- Resident Care Coordinator: Stephen Kaniaru
- Life Enrichment Coordinator: Natasha Yancey
- Dietary Manager: Michael Etienne
- Maintenance: Sylvia Curley
A tremendous group of Med Aides, Dietary staff, Caregivers, Housekeeper(s), and various other team members and volunteers as needed and possible to best meet resident needs!