Opened under new ownership and current management in 2019, River Terrace Memory Care is a stunning community with even more appealing care and understanding of the needs of those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and memory loss. River Terrace Memory Care community is a 32-apartment community with 26 Private and 6 Semi-Private Apartments, each with their own restroom. The community also has tremendous amenities including a Salon, exterior patio with raised flower beds, secure interior courtyard with walking paths, Activity Room, TV/sitting area, and 6 common restrooms including one with therapeutic spa tub. The active life enrichment program at River Terrace Memory Care which includes programs such as the individualized CPM Brain Music program and self-directed Life Skills Stations can be enjoyed in our safe and secure, home-like environment.
Our objective in memory care is twofold; to keep each Resident functioning at their highest possible level, promoting independence as beneficial to the resident, and to provide life enrichment every day. At River Terrace Memory Care, we don’t attempt to re-orient a Resident’s reality or drastically adjust their lifestyle by forcing them to adapt to unfamiliar regimens and routines; rather, we adapt to the reality of each individual resident. Our team works to validate any concerns, genuine or perceived, and address them to the resident’s satisfaction. Our model of care is intended to create an environment that significantly reduces the fear, frustration, agitation, and anxiety that normally results from memory loss.
Our Caring Places strive to maintain the leading edge and set the industry standard for specialized dementia care. We do this by keeping abreast of industry research and development, by providing continuing education, and by implementing a care approach which is focused on the individual.
River Terrace Memory Care is proud to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate residents as possible based on availability and other factors.
Drop-in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about River Terrace Memory Care and other memory care related questions. We know that choosing the right assisted living and memory care community is an important, and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
Base rate starts at:
- $5,750 per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Administrator: Jeffrey Wellington
- Office Manager: Susan Robbins
- Resident Care Coordinator: Kim Bonney
- Resident Care Nurse: Candice Pershing
- Community Relations: Anthony Nosen
- Life Enrichment Assistant: Emily Rodway
- Dietary Manager: Patti Vlaew
- Maintenance Supervisor: Jeffrey Smith