Fire Hot Dog Sticks
• 12 long skewers
• 12 hot dogs
• 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
• 12 thick slices cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Stick one skewer lengthwise into each hot dog, allowing about 2 inches of the skewer to stick through the top.
3. Wrap one breadstick dough piece around each hot dog starting at one end, leaving some of the hot dog exposed. Dough should resemble curled ribbon.
4. Place hot dogs on the prepared baking sheets and bake 18–20 minutes.
5. Cut small stars out of cheese with a star cookie cutter.
6. Allow hot dogs to cool slightly before sticking one star atop each hot dog.
Makes 12 servings
Recipe courtesy of www.activityconnection.com
Photo Credit: www.handmadeintheheartland.com/4th-of-july-firecracker-dogs/