Located in the beautiful and Central Oregon town of Bend Oregon, Awbrey Place has been open and providing care for Residents since the late 1990’s. In June 2020 Awbrey Place became one of the newest communities within Caring Places Management. We are honored to carry on the tradition of quality care in a homelike environment that Awbrey Place has been known for in the Bend and surrounding Eastern Oregon area since opening.
We are aware of the ever-increasing need for long term care for those suffering from dementia, Alzheimer’s and other forms of memory loss. We are thrilled to announce the addition of Memory Care to our Awbrey Place community! We are excited to provide those critical services to fill the needs for those living with various stages of memory impairment.
Awbrey Place is a wonderful charming 43 apartment community. Our community has 22 apartments dedicated to Assisted Living and 21 apartments for Memory Care. We offer studio, shared suites and 1-bedroom apartments. Our figure-eight shaped community house 2 beautiful secure interior courtyards with walkways, covered area for seating, and resident gardening. Resident rooms include a private bathroom with roll-in shower and kitchenettes. The interior hallways are open and spacious and provide resident engagement spaces throughout including common areas such as a dining room, TV room, fireplace room and a library.
The team at Awbrey Place pride themselves on the quality and caring way they work with the Residents. Our robust activity and life enrichment programming are geared to resident preferences and include Bingo, music and other performers, as well as scheduled local trips to the Deschutes River waterfront, stores, and the various other amazing nearby locations in Bend and the surrounding area! Caring Places Management is proud to be working to provide Medicaid funded services for appropriate residents as possible based on availability and other factors at Awbrey Place. Please follow up with the community to discuss status and availability.
Drop-in or schedule a tour and a meal and we’ll work to answer any questions you have about Awbrey Place and other senior housing and assisted living related questions. We know that choosing the right assisted living community is an important, and sometimes difficult decision, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
- 24-hour emergency staff assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Licensed Nurse and caring staff
- Transportation arrangement
- Escort services for out of the community trips available
- 3 Dietitian approved meals
- Alternate entree choices available for all meals
- Snacks always available
- Respite services available
- Extensive Activities and Life Enrichment Program
- Actively involved with our families and greater community
- Individualized Care/Service plans updated routinely and as needed as resident needs and preferences.
- Full bathroom with walk in shower in each apartment.
- Emergency Call device in each apartment, restroom, and within common areas.
- Various seating and resident engagement areas throughout
- Open dining room with lots of natural light
- Cozy common areas
- Salon with licensed Beautician
- Apartments wired for cable and phone service
- Phone connection available in Apartment; service coordinated through outside provider
- Common area restrooms
- Common area access to non-pay telephone
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers throughout, electronic security
- Community living areas with fireplaces/TV
Our monthly rate is a combination of a base rate for the apartment and basic services, plus a care rate based on the resident’s needs.
Base rate starts at:
- Studio: $2,522 per Month
- One Bedroom: $3,160 per Month
- $4,640 per Month
Additional care rate is factored based on resident needs and direct time spent to assist the resident or complete those tasks based on the care plan developed with the Resident and/or resident representative, community Administrator, and community care team.
This base rate includes:
- Rent for the apartment
- 3 meals daily in the dining room
- Weekly laundry service
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Community activities
All care needs will be assessed and discussed with the administrator, and laid out in the resident service agreement, which will determine the resident’s care rate. This service will be updated regularly to reflect current care needs.
- Administrator: Martin Stewart
- Oversight RN: Taylor Garr-Jones
- Resident Care Coordinator: Robyn Stokes
- Life Enrichment Coordinator: Taryn Poole
- Dietary Manager: Deborah Latham
- Maintenance Supervisor: Gordon Wallace
And a tremendous group of management team, Med Aides, Dietary staff, Caregivers, Housekeeper(s),and various other team members and volunteers as needed and possible to best meet resident needs!