$500 Signing Bonus!
Laurel Place is looking to add a new member to our Life Enrichment team. Our Life Enrichment Coordinator will organize, implement & lead activities in both, group & 1:1 settings. Our thriving Life Enrichment Program is very balanced in all areas of wellness & recreational therapies, and that will need to be maintained by the right candidate. We are looking for someone willing to learn how to lead activities in various areas of potential growth: Social, Physical, Cognitive & Emotional/Spiritual. We also are looking for someone who believes in our company motto of “Exceeding Expectation for Loving, Thoughtful Care”. Laurel Place needs someone who is willing to tap into their creative potential, but moreover, someone who has a strong desire to care for & teach our residents. Experience in Health/Senior care is certainly a plus, especially if you are someone who has worked in a Memory Care setting or with residents living with Dementia. The Life Enrichment Coordinator is expected to work 40 hrs. per week. We are also looking for someone willing to work weekend day(s).
· People skills are certainly a requirement. We need someone who is able to lead a large group, maintain the course for groups/individuals, be patient, willing to “bend” to the residents’ needs, and maintain empathy with Memory Care residents.
· Physically fit enough to lead Senior Exercise programs, active games, outdoor activities like outings, gardening, walking, etc. Must be able to lift 25-40 lbs. for setting up equipment.
· Problem solving skills, especially at a moment’s notice, are important.
· Communication skills with family members & other staff also needed.
· Creativity & willingness to shine with your personal strengths for our residents’ well-being.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Life Enrichment certification course or related college courses are preferred, but not required. This may also be the perfect opportunity for a student currently enrolled in classes.
· Volunteer or health-care job-shadowing experience is another bonus.
Job Type: Full-time